How is everyone coping with the current changes?

Like most with autism I dont like change and I am finding everything really overwhelming and was wondering how others were coping?

It may seem daft but I am not worried about catching it, well obviously I don’t want to catch it but I am not anxious and thinking that I am going to catch it. It’s the lockdown and lack of routine that is sending me mad. I have my set routines and now I have to stay in I cant follow my weekly routines and this is what is causing me the stress. I do feel like your going to think I am being selfish as all I have to do is stay at home and others are putting their lives at risk, I just cant snap out of it.

A few years ago I had bit of a breakdown when things changed too much and it made me really ill, I am worried this may happen again, I live on my own and am really considering ignoring all the rules and just getting out of here but I no that is wrong and I think the stress of breaking the rules would then cause me an issue.

maybe I am over reacting, what is everybody else doing to get through this?, anybody else struggling too?

Parents
  • I hate the changes, too. However, the past few years have taught me valuable life skills. (watching the original 'Home Alone' at a Theatre in Dun Laogahire - Christmas before last - also helped)

Facebook is inundated with meme jokes about eating too much during the Lockdown, as well as women being unable to do their hair and makeup while staying inside. However, I have found that coffee and tea are the best appetite suppressors in God's green earth. Also, a woman I talk to from Toronto says that beauty products are much cheaper on Amazon. Still, nothing beats watching Loose Women - or the same episode of Poirot every fortnight on ITV3, eh? Expressionless

Thank God I no longer care about TV. Slight smile Plus, my internet isn't fast enough for Prime/Netflix. This morning, I saw the online mass for my Parish for Palm Sunday. (first day of Holy Week)

• I used to like Home Alone. TV is driving me nuts at the min, I cant seem to get into anything on television at the min I am just too distracted. Facebook is also driving me nuts, everybody is just arguing about the rules and disagreeing on what the rules are. I am also worrying that when this is over things will have changed and what I do each week will be different, I’m trying to think of new ways of doing things if I have to change but obviously that’s impossible because I have no idea what will change.

The only thing that seems to work for me is to stay in bed. When I was ill before I got a but hooked on some pills and they would really help now but I am not allowed which is a pain.

Hopefully this will be over soon 

• I used to like Home Alone. TV is driving me nuts at the min, I cant seem to get into anything on television at the min I am just too distracted. Facebook is also driving me nuts, everybody is just arguing about the rules and disagreeing on what the rules are. I am also worrying that when this is over things will have changed and what I do each week will be different, I’m trying to think of new ways of doing things if I have to change but obviously that’s impossible because I have no idea what will change.

The only thing that seems to work for me is to stay in bed. When I was ill before I got a but hooked on some pills and they would really help now but I am not allowed which is a pain.

Hopefully this will be over soon 

Children
No Data