Are you avoiding any group activity?

With the Coronavirus has anyone here stopped going to places such as support groups, classes etc.?

Parents
  • I have stopped everything except for running, which I do on my own 3 times a week in an open space. I am working from home which means i can't do as much as I could in the office (slower connections etc with everyone on the same vpn connection).

It's a bit of a conundrum with shopping.  If i buy more each time, I can do it less often (say 2 x a month or even  1 x ) and thereby stay isolated more, which the authorities want.  But in order to buy more I may be accused of stockpiling.  Sorry Roswell, that is off topic - but it was not important enough to start my own thread, lol. Hope you don't mind :-)

In lieu of my therapist and support group I find that exercise helps me so much mentally that I can cope without the other things.  If we are not allowed to exercise I don't know what I would do.  1000 star jumps? plank for an hour? makes me sad to think about it.  

I am very worried about the open-ended nature of this.

Above all I really want to be tested and find out if i have unknowingly already had it and have the antibodies. A week or so ago I had a bad headache. Could that have been it, the asymptomatic kind? Was that my immunity, defending me ? What about the next time I get a headache?   

I hate that so many people don't have access to testing.  

• I'd keep up the running if I were you to maintain some normality. Fresh air is very beneficial. And even if it's only slight, some social contact.

I wouldn't say stockpiling is a very big detour from the topic! : ) My opinion is a bit of stockpiling is sensible to avoid contact with other people. Though since children are still being sent to school I'm not sure the spread of the virus can be slowed down that much. Unlike Israel we haven't quarantined people flying into the country either. And also, when people do go shopping, at least for the foreseeable future there are long queues where people will spread the virus if they have it.

Maybe therapists will start offering more online now this is going on. It's going to change everything. It boggles my mind to think what will happen next.

I was going to go to an Autistic support group ran by the NHS today but it's been postponed so they've made the decision for me.

• I thought that mine would offer skype consultations, it is really one person talking to one or more persons and observing their verbal and nonverbal reactions. That's not even expensive equipment. It's quite different to a dentist check-up.

• I thought that mine would offer skype consultations, it is really one person talking to one or more persons and observing their verbal and nonverbal reactions. That's not even expensive equipment. It's quite different to a dentist check-up.

Children
No Data