Mental internal stimming thoughts

I am still on the journey of self discovery and am wondering if one can stim with their mind? I have noticed a pattern of something in my thoughts which has cropped up before. Now I know more about myself im wondering if it's stimming,  I feel like with this thought I am "thinking for thinking's sake". It's a thought I enjoy to take part in. 

Can anyone help with comments or links?

Thank you . 

Parents
  • Hi I get this too.... Sometimes it is for comfort but sometimes it feels like OCD (of the thought variety) and it can get really tiring. I have few activities I can do to stop this but sometimes I am too tiered to sequence the actions I need to do before I can engage with the activity.

• So, what's the difference between OCD and repetitive thoughts (the 'O' ) or, stimming as a way to regulate mental state (the C')?

What do you do to distract yourself from the thoughts? 

• Pure 'O' are intrusive thoughts....ocd, especially when i was younger.,,,was ritualistic, and totally a way of trying to protect myself with this ritual....In reality ...it never ever calmed me.....The idea of going to do the ritual did...but the ritual itself actually brought about far worse anxiety.....

• Pure 'O' are intrusive thoughts....ocd, especially when i was younger.,,,was ritualistic, and totally a way of trying to protect myself with this ritual....In reality ...it never ever calmed me.....The idea of going to do the ritual did...but the ritual itself actually brought about far worse anxiety.....

Children
No Data