First assessment - telling a story with 5 objects

Hi,

I’ve recently had my first autism assessment (online) and towards the end of it I was asked to tell a story with 5 objects I’d chosen. I chose the first 5 things that happened to be on the sofa next to me. I was asked to tell a story with them & I just couldn’t. I told the assessor this & she said it was ok. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Parents
  • This is a hard difference between Typical children and Autistic children. Autistic children care about actual functioning of a thing. Typical children care about using language to create fiction. There's a fundamental key difference to how we experience and perceive the world around us.

In the best situation and for the most part, an Autistic might use what's around to create aesthetic for functionality, ease but with an integrity that supports aesthetic as a secondary item as a relating with to navigate the environment. The Neuro-typical might start with the appearance of aesthetic, storytelling to create social relationship and think about function if it becomes a problem.

• This is a hard difference between Typical children and Autistic children. Autistic children care about actual functioning of a thing. Typical children care about using language to create fiction. There's a fundamental key difference to how we experience and perceive the world around us.

In the best situation and for the most part, an Autistic might use what's around to create aesthetic for functionality, ease but with an integrity that supports aesthetic as a secondary item as a relating with to navigate the environment. The Neuro-typical might start with the appearance of aesthetic, storytelling to create social relationship and think about function if it becomes a problem.

Children
No Data