First assessment - telling a story with 5 objects

Hi,

I’ve recently had my first autism assessment (online) and towards the end of it I was asked to tell a story with 5 objects I’d chosen. I chose the first 5 things that happened to be on the sofa next to me. I was asked to tell a story with them & I just couldn’t. I told the assessor this & she said it was ok. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Parents
  • The flying frogs! I still don’t quite understand what was going on there. 

I also have noise cancelling headphones and they enable me to travel on the ferry even if there are lots of people on it. 

• The flying frogs! I still don’t quite understand what was going on there. 

I also have noise cancelling headphones and they enable me to travel on the ferry even if there are lots of people on it. 

Children
  • Great! I’ve just found a sensory library near to wear I live. I emailed them & explained the situation and they were really helpful. I’m going in to tryout a pair to see if they’re good for me, not only the sound part of the overload but also the feel of them on my head... back to the flying frogs I’ve looked over it again and still totally lost with it. I’ll stick to Batman comics, at least I can reassure myself that bats can actually really fly...