Have you ever had a Lucid dream or a Hypnagogic hallucinations

Have you ever had a Lucid dream or a Hypnagogic hallucinations

As a child I used to have lucid dreams where I could interact or control the reality I was dreaming. As I got older I started to ask the people in my dreams if they are real or are they part of me. They would say I was crazy and they are real, It was impossible for me to know what they where thinking or about to say, it was as if they where there own person.
At times when I wake up, I am paralyzed and I see people or things, once there was a knocking at the door which woke me up. I thought it was my mum, instead a blue floating girl floated towards me and whispered something in my ear, as I touched her she disappeared and faded away. This was no dream, I have had various things like this happen through my life and I think its because of Autism.
This is where ghosts and alien abduction stories might come from, the body paralyzed you when you sleep so you dont act out your dreams and sleep walk. Sometimes the mind wakes up when the body is sleeping giving a frightening paralyzed experience.

Now my mum once told me that she awoke to see a little boy who talked to her and then he faded away. This makes me think that the Autism Trait was passed down from her side of the family, even though NF1 can also cause Autism.
This paper suggests that females can be carriers of the Autism Gene, yet men are more likely to show autistic traits. Men can still pass on the gene but its less likely, females can also have autistic traits. The ratio is 1:4

The role of sex-differential biology in risk for autism spectrum disorder

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/.../

Now on my mums side their entire family is female, except for my granddad who was a quiet reserved person and my uncle, who I can now see Autistic traits in his behavior. My mum cut him of because she thought he was acting up. Now it all makes sense, I do wonder if the autism came from my granddad which is a statistic improbability.

I just came up with this recently and it surprised my mum as all her side of the family are anxious and taking medication and so on. As they are all females mostly, the autistic traits are not as bad as they could be. Im not saying females cant have it bad though.

When I self medicate, which I dont think any of you should, it can trigger these dream hallucinations, which makes me think its all down to dopamine.
I dont see Mr Robot Hallucinations when I am awake and I know I dont have schizophrenia.

So I wonder if there is a link between abnormal dreams and autism ?

Parents Reply Children