medication for anxiety!

Hi

I'm new to the forum and I've recently been diagnosed with aspergers, my question is do any people here also have anxiety use medication to help cope with it? What are you perscibed? And does it help?

thank you Smile

Parents
  • Hi Meg. I was diagnosed 14 months ago aged 23. I had suffered all my life with bullying and other obvious issues but nobody ever questioned them. At 17 i was shoved in a psychiatric hospital and have been in several more times. I have been on anti depressants/anxieties since i was 16, but was mis diagnosed twice by psychiatrists in the mental hospital. I have been on my current mix of 4 different sorts of meds for almost a year. I'm not saying everyone on here has meds or agrees with them but i know for the past few years and forseeable future (according to my GP) i am comfortable on mine and would not cope without them.

I don't have any support from professionals and struggle but have a brilliant mum who is my voluntary carer.

My confidence has soared since my third lot of meds were introduced. Mum says they are truth tablets. Haha.

I wish all of you lots of luck with your diagnsois' as mine took a few years to be sorted.

Hope i have helped and not hindered or moaned.

Annie x

• Hi Meg. I was diagnosed 14 months ago aged 23. I had suffered all my life with bullying and other obvious issues but nobody ever questioned them. At 17 i was shoved in a psychiatric hospital and have been in several more times. I have been on anti depressants/anxieties since i was 16, but was mis diagnosed twice by psychiatrists in the mental hospital. I have been on my current mix of 4 different sorts of meds for almost a year. I'm not saying everyone on here has meds or agrees with them but i know for the past few years and forseeable future (according to my GP) i am comfortable on mine and would not cope without them.

I don't have any support from professionals and struggle but have a brilliant mum who is my voluntary carer.

My confidence has soared since my third lot of meds were introduced. Mum says they are truth tablets. Haha.

I wish all of you lots of luck with your diagnsois' as mine took a few years to be sorted.

Hope i have helped and not hindered or moaned.

Annie x

Children
No Data