medication for anxiety!

Hi

I'm new to the forum and I've recently been diagnosed with aspergers, my question is do any people here also have anxiety use medication to help cope with it? What are you perscibed? And does it help?

thank you Smile

Parents
  • Just posted on another thread. My son started on fluoetine last February - he was 18 then. It has done him so much good and really helped his depression and general anxiety levels. It helped him break a pattern. He is so cheerful now, the GP is considereing weaning him off next febraury after his exams.

I agree with what others said about the later teenage years being very tough. My son wasn't diagnosed with aspergers until he was 17 and had sunk into depression which raised our concerns yet again.

Now he is not depressed keeping him busy with a regular routine is the key to keeping him happy. He's now found that sport gives him a natural buzz. He pays football with a special needs group, goes indoor climbing once a week and does football at college.

• Just posted on another thread. My son started on fluoetine last February - he was 18 then. It has done him so much good and really helped his depression and general anxiety levels. It helped him break a pattern. He is so cheerful now, the GP is considereing weaning him off next febraury after his exams.

I agree with what others said about the later teenage years being very tough. My son wasn't diagnosed with aspergers until he was 17 and had sunk into depression which raised our concerns yet again.

Now he is not depressed keeping him busy with a regular routine is the key to keeping him happy. He's now found that sport gives him a natural buzz. He pays football with a special needs group, goes indoor climbing once a week and does football at college.

Children
No Data