Feeling Very Discouraged

So I volunteer in a charity shop and have done so since last Autumn. After a lot of asking about studying a qualification with them since they offer NVQs, I found out that I was due to start one later this month or early next month. Don’t get me wrong, I love studying but only if the environment is right and supportive about it.

Over the last few weeks, I’ve found myself being constantly criticised for just about anything. From not printing out gift aid labels on the shop floor (I would normally send those to the next floor, since the office has the means to do it there) to being asked to sort through some boxed donations (which I did alone) and then being told I shouldn’t have been the one to sort them and don’t touch anything again!

I’m really disappointed it’s come to this, since the charity have paid for me to start the NVQ. However, I’m very discouraged and in a bleak place. I’m unemployed and not able to work, struggle with depression and anxiety attacks and can easily become disjointed with living in general. Apart from being at the shop, I only see my parents and my boyfriend since no one else wants to spend time with me. I mean, I’m autistic, so to them I’m a liability.

Is there a way forward for me? Can life be kind and nice for once at least? After this, I generally don’t think so! Should I walk away and give up?

Parents
  • Hello AutisticGirl69 and welcome to the forum! Feel free to ask any questions and read my profile.

I too am currently unemployed. I have tried many avenues but have been unsuccessful in gaining employment and so I have often felt like you have.

However, don't put yourself down like that. As long as you keep trying, and looking, you will find your calling. It could even be a line that you have never even thought of before.

Have you had any past positions that you have had that you have liked/disliked? This is just so so that you will be able to find the sort of positions that you could possibly be interested in, or those that you want to avoid.

• Hello AutisticGirl69 and welcome to the forum! Feel free to ask any questions and read my profile.

I too am currently unemployed. I have tried many avenues but have been unsuccessful in gaining employment and so I have often felt like you have.

However, don't put yourself down like that. As long as you keep trying, and looking, you will find your calling. It could even be a line that you have never even thought of before.

Have you had any past positions that you have had that you have liked/disliked? This is just so so that you will be able to find the sort of positions that you could possibly be interested in, or those that you want to avoid.

Children
No Data