Isolation

Hi, my name is Amy and I am 25 years old. I live in the Wirral with my parents, brother and our 7 year old cat named Fluffy. It has been a while since I have been on this community, so I thought I would pop back and try it out again.

For a while now I have felt isolated at home. Don’t get me wrong, I love being comfortable and safe at home especially with all the things happening in the news etc. But I feel that because I don’t go out or have any friends who live close to me/in the same country, I am isolating myself. I don’t like to go out at night because it gets me all panicked same with new places I haven’t been before. But I would like to go out and meet people who will understand me.

I’m not working at the moment, as the last time I had a job I had a melt down and had to quit. I really would LOVE to work with animals but have no qualifications and I have no money to pay for animal courses for college. 
I just feel really stuck, confused and sometimes depressed on what to do next.

I don’t drive so I rely on public transport, and that’s what’s stopped be from going to an autism group because I couldn’t get there among other reasons. Does anyone have any ideas or can help me?

Amy x

Parents
  • Hi, Amy. Welcome back :) I'm also 25 and I'm currently awaiting diagnosis. 

If it helps, a lot of animal-related jobs don't actually ask for specific qualifications (I can see from the other comments that you have GCSEs). It's worth applying for a few jobs - you've nothing to lose by submitting an application. In the meantime, it might be worth volunteering at a local animal shelter to get some experience to add to your CV.

Best of luck with everything.

• Sorry I am just getting back to you now, I haven’t been on this site in a while. Thank you for your reply, a few days ago I got in contact with someone who runs her own waggy services and she has offered to help me with knowledge and point me to some online classes that are cheap. She even said I could go round and help her (volunteer) and she will pass on as much as she can about animal care etc. So fingers crossed x

• Sorry I am just getting back to you now, I haven’t been on this site in a while. Thank you for your reply, a few days ago I got in contact with someone who runs her own waggy services and she has offered to help me with knowledge and point me to some online classes that are cheap. She even said I could go round and help her (volunteer) and she will pass on as much as she can about animal care etc. So fingers crossed x

Children