Newly diagnosed with Autism

Hi All, it's nice to be here. I'm Katie and I'm 22. On Tuesday 7th January I had a unofficial diagnosis of Autism. I took the AQ10 test and scored 9/10. I am now being referred to Integrated Autism Services for an official diagnosis. Due to scoring 9/10 I prepared for being officially diagnosed with Autism. If I scored lower then I wouldn't be so convinced. The waiting list is 3 months so it's going to be a long journey. I've signed myself up on this chat so that I can receive advice and support from other adults with Autism pre or post diagnosis. I would also like to let you know that you are welcome to join my Facebook group A Little Piece of Autism. 

Best wishes 

Katie x

Parents
  • That great you don't have to wait that long, but any wait will be stressful, as you will probably keep questioning whether you are wasting your time (at least I did, as my initial diagnosis was quite a shock) 

• That great you don't have to wait that long, but any wait will be stressful, as you will probably keep questioning whether you are wasting your time (at least I did, as my initial diagnosis was quite a shock) 

Children
No Data