Newly diagnosed with Autism

Hi All, it's nice to be here. I'm Katie and I'm 22. On Tuesday 7th January I had a unofficial diagnosis of Autism. I took the AQ10 test and scored 9/10. I am now being referred to Integrated Autism Services for an official diagnosis. Due to scoring 9/10 I prepared for being officially diagnosed with Autism. If I scored lower then I wouldn't be so convinced. The waiting list is 3 months so it's going to be a long journey. I've signed myself up on this chat so that I can receive advice and support from other adults with Autism pre or post diagnosis. I would also like to let you know that you are welcome to join my Facebook group A Little Piece of Autism. 

Best wishes 

Katie x

Parents
  • Hi Katie!

I'm 20 years old and I was diagnosed on 2nd January. Thankfully, my wait wasn't too long at all; I got a diagnosis in just over 3 months from when I self referred to the service in my local area.

I've known about my autism for a few years but it's only been official for little over a week so I'm still getting my head around it properly but it's really nice to know that I'm not alone in this.

The support network seems to be huge on places like this Slight smile

• Hi Katie!

I'm 20 years old and I was diagnosed on 2nd January. Thankfully, my wait wasn't too long at all; I got a diagnosis in just over 3 months from when I self referred to the service in my local area.

I've known about my autism for a few years but it's only been official for little over a week so I'm still getting my head around it properly but it's really nice to know that I'm not alone in this.

The support network seems to be huge on places like this Slight smile

Children