Migraines :(

I and my Aspergers son, suffer from Migraines which is considered as both genetic and caused by snxuety. I read an interesting article whuch said...

"Most doctors agree that migraine has a genetic component. Does this mean that there is also such a thing as a migraine personality? I looked at Hustvedt, so intense, so clever and so pale, and I wondered. In 1963 a doctor called HG Wolff characterised migraineurs as: ambitious, successful, perfectionistic, rigid, orderly, cautious, emotionally constipated, and driven"

Sounds like the perfect description of someone with Aspergers???

I tried all the prescriptive prevention medication but its my anti-depressant tablets which greatly reduce my attacks.

I was given Migramax, which is just a big dose of Aspirin and has limited effect. 

Does anyone have any prescription that they take before an attack?? In my case i continuously yawn before i get a Migraine. 

Parents
  • I am just now researching the connection between autism spectrum disorder and migraines (and GI disorders).  I am 55, I've had migraines since I was 8 years old, and am realizing that all this time, I have probably had some version of autism.  Too many symptoms to list here.  I have taken Imitrex for migraines with good results.  And both are also associated with GI problems, which I am also researching.  I just read "Super Gut" and have been making my own yogurt with specific probiotics.  Good results so far.

• I am just now researching the connection between autism spectrum disorder and migraines (and GI disorders).  I am 55, I've had migraines since I was 8 years old, and am realizing that all this time, I have probably had some version of autism.  Too many symptoms to list here.  I have taken Imitrex for migraines with good results.  And both are also associated with GI problems, which I am also researching.  I just read "Super Gut" and have been making my own yogurt with specific probiotics.  Good results so far.

Children
No Data