Concerned for Autistic brother

Hi, Im not Autistic but my brother is. He's really sweet and is one of the nicest people I know. But he suffers from aggressive OCD and is always worrying about different things, the most recent being that he's going to hurt someone. He spends a lot of his time alone despite me trying to be there for him and has an unusual obsession with death which worries me.

I try my best to look out for him and keep him safe but the more time goes by the worse he's getting and I'm scared that he's starting to lose himself and I don't want that.

It's just us now and I don't know how best to help him or support him through the things he goes through.

Parents
  • Hi! Does your brother receive any support with his Autism and associated symptoms? OCD can be an absolute nightmare to live with, I have a long history with it too. It might be worth him contacting his GP about being referred onto the local MH services for support or you could contact your local MIND for advice.

• Hi! Does your brother receive any support with his Autism and associated symptoms? OCD can be an absolute nightmare to live with, I have a long history with it too. It might be worth him contacting his GP about being referred onto the local MH services for support or you could contact your local MIND for advice.

Children
No Data