It feels like OCD could ruin everything

I've applied for psychological therapy and will find out next week whether or not I'm getting any. I've already had a 16 session course of it and it did help to an extent. I'm less extreme than I used to be.

There needs to be more help available for OCD. It isn't treated as anything worth taking much notice of. It's often interrelated with Autism.

I've passed up the chance of making friends, of getting out more, because of it. It changes a lot of things people wouldn't realise. 

I almost made a friend and withdrew from him because he had dogs in his house running all over the place. It made me fearful of infection.

I sometimes get judgmental looks from people on public transport and them smirking to one another as I won't hold the rails, and even will stand in the middle of a train carriage when it's moving fast without holding onto anything, even if I'm struggling to balance. I keep moving my feet to act as a sort of suspension and brake system stopping me from falling over.

A few people have become offended with me when I refused to shake hands with them.

Not being able to use public toilets means I get more irritated than I otherwise would when I go out for hours because of having to hold stuff in.

Is anyone else here struggling with the same problems?

Parents
  • I cant take bread and wine at church as they all drink from the same cup! I'm rooted tothe seat every week. I'm debating whether to stop going to church because I dont think people understand! Supermarkets! Theres a cashier with a scabby hand at the moment, I had to put everything back as I couldnt deal with him touching my shopping!

• I think not sharing a cup is actually sensible. I've even read from online health advice that you can get a virus or cold from doing that.

My issue is I'm someone who makes decisions based on logic overall, rather than social mirroring (where people do things because others do and it seems the done thing), so I need data to prove to me I'm wrong, I rarely if ever believe something just because most people do. I would like research to be done where 100 people were split into two groups.

Group 1: Don't wash their hands much, shake hands with strangers, pick rubbish up off the floor they find in the street to put in bin and don't wash afterwards, use public toilets all the time

Group 2: Wash hands constantly, don't shake hands, extra vigilant all the time, avoid public toilets

Then I want to know which group has the most illness and any other outcomes for them like how happy they are and their general physical health.

• I think not sharing a cup is actually sensible. I've even read from online health advice that you can get a virus or cold from doing that.

My issue is I'm someone who makes decisions based on logic overall, rather than social mirroring (where people do things because others do and it seems the done thing), so I need data to prove to me I'm wrong, I rarely if ever believe something just because most people do. I would like research to be done where 100 people were split into two groups.

Group 1: Don't wash their hands much, shake hands with strangers, pick rubbish up off the floor they find in the street to put in bin and don't wash afterwards, use public toilets all the time

Group 2: Wash hands constantly, don't shake hands, extra vigilant all the time, avoid public toilets

Then I want to know which group has the most illness and any other outcomes for them like how happy they are and their general physical health.

Children
No Data