Report now received, which classification was used in yours?

Hello

I finally received my draft report yesterday.

I was confused about the classification.

It states I was diagnosed using the DSM-1V criteria but I thought everyone in the UK was diagnosed using the ICD-10?

I might be getting confused as on my GP records it now shows Asperger's Syndrome F84.5 which is the ICD-10 code.

i did not think DSM-1V was being used now.

Is it usual to still have the DSM-1V used and if so reasons?

Thanks

Parents
  • I specifically asked the teams at both my and my son's assessments, and they said they were using DSM 5.  They commented on this including sensory factors, unlike previous editions.  And the diagnosis letter made the statement, "The outcome of the assessment supports a disgnosis of ASD". 

However, the discharge summary that went to my GP refers to Asperger Syndrome and F84.5, so this is obviously also used.  

My impression is that, for diagnosis purposes, they use DSM 5 but that, between professionals, the ICD-10 code is still generally used.     

• I specifically asked the teams at both my and my son's assessments, and they said they were using DSM 5.  They commented on this including sensory factors, unlike previous editions.  And the diagnosis letter made the statement, "The outcome of the assessment supports a disgnosis of ASD". 

However, the discharge summary that went to my GP refers to Asperger Syndrome and F84.5, so this is obviously also used.  

My impression is that, for diagnosis purposes, they use DSM 5 but that, between professionals, the ICD-10 code is still generally used.     

Children
No Data