Report now received, which classification was used in yours?

Hello

I finally received my draft report yesterday.

I was confused about the classification.

It states I was diagnosed using the DSM-1V criteria but I thought everyone in the UK was diagnosed using the ICD-10?

I might be getting confused as on my GP records it now shows Asperger's Syndrome F84.5 which is the ICD-10 code.

i did not think DSM-1V was being used now.

Is it usual to still have the DSM-1V used and if so reasons?

Thanks

Parents
  • mine (18 months ago) was Aspergers. It said: Please note that in meeting the diagnostic criteria for Asperger Syndrome, in accordance with The
    World Health Organization’s International Classification of Diseases (the ICD-10), criteria would also be satisfied for a diagnosis of an Autism Spectrum Disorder using the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM V).

• mine (18 months ago) was Aspergers. It said: Please note that in meeting the diagnostic criteria for Asperger Syndrome, in accordance with The
    World Health Organization’s International Classification of Diseases (the ICD-10), criteria would also be satisfied for a diagnosis of an Autism Spectrum Disorder using the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM V).

Children
No Data