*Autistic Shutdowns collection* - Do you experience these ?

Hi

I have been trying to work out if I am experiencing Shutdowns, I am still not sure 

I have been trying to find information online but its pretty unspecific. Very few videos about it either.

If you experience shutdowns, please

1. list the symptoms
  2. describe the process you experience
  3. describe how you feel afterwards please
  4. what triggers it / is there always a trigger ?

I want to determine if I am indeed experiencing shutdowns.  

Get your experiences added to this collection  Thumbsup.

Thanks for any responses,advice,ideas

Parents
  • Greetings, Anyone. I keep seeing this Thread appearing but held off saying anything, since, like the OP, I am uncertain of having "shutdowns". And My own reason is, in short, that I have certain illnesses which kick in before that happens, which kind of totally cause a 'shut down' anyway. I would also agree with a lot of Posters here, the first being RaindropsOnRoses there. Except I also do not think that I "stim". I just go blank, say nothing, do nothing, mostly as people are looking for an excuse at Me, to get angry, laugh, bully, point out "weirdness"... that sort of thing.

If I can run, then I do that; but if not, then My 'Illnesses' kick in (e.g. pain, asthma), and there is nothing else to be thinking about apart from self-preservation... or "shutting down" while thinking "Why is My life ending now after *such a Waste Of Time*...?!"

( Sorry if this is not helpful --- it is why I did not reply before. (!) )

• no this is very helpful. Every account is unique. You actually mention your thoughts which is a lovely detail for others to relate to and reference. This collection is really starting to look useful and you just made it better. 

Thanks DC for coming forward,  its a very useful account. I owe you a bun. Wink

couldnt find a bun  so i got u a doughnut   Doughnut

Reply Children
No Data