Autistic Music

Hi all,

Has anybody listened to the artist NF? Definitely resonates with the cause. If the is the correct terminology  

• He is amazing. Sometimes harrowing to watch but amazing 

• Have you ever heard of a singer by the same of Ren?  Look up on YouTube and watch Hi Ren and then go down the Ren Rabbit hole.  Mis-diagnosis of Lymes disease, led him to diagnosis of BP, Depression, etc.  it was easy to miss these signals since he knew he was ADHD.

reminds me of NF and 21 pilots

• Have you ever heard of a singer by the  same of Ren?  Look up on YouTube and watch Hi Ren and then go down the Ren Rabbit hole.  Mis-diagnosis of Lymes disease, led him to diagnosis of BP, Depression, etc.  it was easy to miss these signals since he knew he was ADHD.

• I'm not much of a rap fan, but I'll listen to anything once! While I was Googling around for tracks, I found this interview, where NF talks about how therapy for a mental breakdown led to him being diagnosed with OCD. So maybe not autism, but certainly a condition which can lead to a lot of the same feelings of isolation and being misunderstood as us autistic folks often experience.

Two artists who's songs  resonated a lot with me in my youth later turned out to be autistic; Gary Numan and David Byrne (though Byrne, while acknowledging that Tina Weymouth's "outing" of his Aspergers was factually correct, has claimed that his music making has cured his autism).

As well as the feelings of isolation etc., I always thought that they both captured my bewilderment at the social behaviour of the people around me...

"Are friends electric? Only mine broke down, and now I've no-one to love."
    [Gary Numan (Tubeway Army) - Are Friends Electric?]

"You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talking a lot, but you're not saying anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    [David Byrne (Talking Heads) - Psycho Killer]

• No problem Slight smile I'll have to have a proper listen sometime.

• Well rap isn't really my thing, but I've heard it said that Beethoven and Mozart were probably autistic.

• Hi Duckbread,

Sorry for the delay. Probably both. I find him extremely inspirational.

• I haven't heard his music before, but just had a quick Google. Is he autistic, or do you just find his music resonates with you?