What is Success?

Hi all,

I would be interested in the communities views on what success looks like for individuals with an Autistic Spectrum Condition, in a neurotypical world. It is obvious that we are continually marginalised by those that control a rather skewed version of what the objective facts are. 

All opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Parents
  • I suppose we all have different definitions of success, informed by what we have and haven’t achieved in life.

i was very successful academically but spend my entire time at university going to lectures alone, eating alone, working alone. I felt like a freak.

I’ve been very successful at work. I earn a lot of money and have a senior position with a fancy job title. But I have no friends and no wife. I’ve been successful at work but failed utterly at one of the most basic things people do and that it seems all of my coworkers have managed to do.

I’d swap all of my academic and career success for a life in which I matter to other people and have human connection and love. 

• I suppose we all have different definitions of success, informed by what we have and haven’t achieved in life.

i was very successful academically but spend my entire time at university going to lectures alone, eating alone, working alone. I felt like a freak.

I’ve been very successful at work. I earn a lot of money and have a senior position with a fancy job title. But I have no friends and no wife. I’ve been successful at work but failed utterly at one of the most basic things people do and that it seems all of my coworkers have managed to do.

I’d swap all of my academic and career success for a life in which I matter to other people and have human connection and love. 

Children
No Data