What is Success?

Hi all,

I would be interested in the communities views on what success looks like for individuals with an Autistic Spectrum Condition, in a neurotypical world. It is obvious that we are continually marginalised by those that control a rather skewed version of what the objective facts are. 

All opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Parents
  • My idea of success is to be happy, take care of myself and the people around me, and have healthy relationships with my friends and family. 

Many people consider me successful because I have a good job, but I spend 35 hours a week feeling dissatisfied, so I don't consider myself successful yet. I'm still looking for the job that makes me glad to go to work rather than dreading it every Sunday night.

• I am not a Buddhist but it was set up to deal with man/woman's constant state of dissatisfaction. I am practicing mindfulness and meditation to combat dissatisfaction and seeking satisfaction/happiness. I didn't say I was good at it but i am getting better. Can I ask what do u work at ?  

• I design training. It's okay most of the time, but I just don't feel particularly fulfilled and the office politics make me uncomfortable. I'd like to do something where I feel like I'm making a positive difference to somebody/something.

• I design training. It's okay most of the time, but I just don't feel particularly fulfilled and the office politics make me uncomfortable. I'd like to do something where I feel like I'm making a positive difference to somebody/something.

Children