What is Success?

Hi all,

I would be interested in the communities views on what success looks like for individuals with an Autistic Spectrum Condition, in a neurotypical world. It is obvious that we are continually marginalised by those that control a rather skewed version of what the objective facts are. 

All opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Parents
  • Getting something right, and getting some appreciation for it, some of the time. And that is enough for me! But it often seems too much for some people.

I get it right often enough, but they either aren't satisfied with what they are getting out of my success, or they are just intent on enjoying their own sadistic character assassination. (As I said to one guy 'in charge' during a meltdown many decades ago, "Just what is it you DO want?" ) There seems to be an arrogant assumption by some folks that our success is entirely due to their paternalism, and that we should automatically hand over all our success to them, so that they can bank it to enhance their power and status even further. They are never really content to just benefit from other people's success; they want to acquire total control over that success, with minimum investment and maximum profit.

• Getting something right, and getting some appreciation for it, some of the time. And that is enough for me! But it often seems too much for some people.

I get it right often enough, but they either aren't satisfied with what they are getting out of my success, or they are just intent on enjoying their own sadistic character assassination. (As I said to one guy 'in charge' during a meltdown many decades ago, "Just what is it you DO want?" ) There seems to be an arrogant assumption by some folks that our success is entirely due to their paternalism, and that we should automatically hand over all our success to them, so that they can bank it to enhance their power and status even further. They are never really content to just benefit from other people's success; they want to acquire total control over that success, with minimum investment and maximum profit.

Children
No Data