Talking a lot about Autisim

I am new to the Autism  Forum I am 64 years old  and was diagnosed 10 years ago with Higher  Functioning Autism  (it used to be named Aspergers Syndrome but  the name has been changed  after recent news came to light about Dr Hans Aspergers)   I would like to know if anyone else is like this. I have a close circle of friends who accept me as I am, but I lost one friend some time ago because she could not take me speaking about the Spectrum, a lot of the time or Emailing her information which was just to help her understand about the Spectrum,and why I did or said things the way I did. I was never rude or nasty though. Welll she  sent me an Email,, that said I would grow old and be very lonely and have no friends. I took that to mean cause I spoke about Autism, a lot. And someone else told me that was true.I just wonder does anyone else relate to this? Sorry to have  gone on a lot please forgive me.

Helena

Parents
  • yes it was such a shock to me I wanted to know as much as possible about it. I found from previous experience by talking to the effected you can pick up a lot. I find the subject interesting because it effect so many people. I don't mention ASD to my NT colleagues. But if someone mentions they're children are autistic I can start to ask way to many questions because I am curious. Yes I think is like my latest obsession. 

• yes I think I need to calm it down a bit

Reply Children
No Data