I guess the answer is "dream on" but - online "chat" with people who understand autism?

Every now and then I feel the need to talk to someone - and when I say talk I mean online chat mostly - to someone who *understands*.

And I need it when I need it - not hours, days or weeks later. Often, just 5 mins chat would do.

Wouldn't it be nice if there were an online chat service staffed by people who understand autism?

I know I'm asking too much, just wishing.

Parents
  • I'd like to do much the same F2F. Why? Because looking back on some people I used to hang out with 1,000s of Kms away, back in the UK, it is now absolutely blindingly obvious that quite a few of them must now be diagnosed, self-identified or still unaware. It is what we used to talk about that makes it now so obvious. I'd like to know how they are still dealing with it. I imagine that it would be quite positively in most cases. I would enjoy some constructive and cheerful interaction with people i used to quite joyfully shoot the breeze with. But actually, it wouldn't have to be in the UK, and it wouldn't have to be just people I used to know. It's not at all possible in my present locale.

I can roughly guess ( but with no real evidence) why there are no obvious known ND adults on the streets here, but reckon I would just make myself a 'vulnerable' expat by even hinting at the reasons. (Stuff does get read by the powers-that-be here; often by people with limited understanding of the rest of the World.) Caution is very necessary, so I deliberately try and refrain from saying where I am on forums. In any case, no one else here wants to talk about it, even in strict confidence.

Good site this, though! :-) I find Wrong Planet a bit too West Coast for my liking. Might get around to looking at 7cups.com though.

• I'd like to do much the same F2F. Why? Because looking back on some people I used to hang out with 1,000s of Kms away, back in the UK, it is now absolutely blindingly obvious that quite a few of them must now be diagnosed, self-identified or still unaware. It is what we used to talk about that makes it now so obvious. I'd like to know how they are still dealing with it. I imagine that it would be quite positively in most cases. I would enjoy some constructive and cheerful interaction with people i used to quite joyfully shoot the breeze with. But actually, it wouldn't have to be in the UK, and it wouldn't have to be just people I used to know. It's not at all possible in my present locale.

I can roughly guess ( but with no real evidence) why there are no obvious known ND adults on the streets here, but reckon I would just make myself a 'vulnerable' expat by even hinting at the reasons. (Stuff does get read by the powers-that-be here; often by people with limited understanding of the rest of the World.) Caution is very necessary, so I deliberately try and refrain from saying where I am on forums. In any case, no one else here wants to talk about it, even in strict confidence.

Good site this, though! :-) I find Wrong Planet a bit too West Coast for my liking. Might get around to looking at 7cups.com though.

Children
No Data