Loneliness

Hi, I’m looking to meet new people who are maybe going through a similar situation to myself. I live with my two young children,it does get very lonely at times. Does anyone live in the north east area? 

Parents
  • Hi Theresa!

I have a primary age child. Have tried really hard to make friends with other parents but the same pattern always happens. I try to talk to them, they appear to like me, they suggest meeting for a drink, I get very anxious, I feel the meeting went well, they stop contacting me. I have a few people I can talk to in the queue but none I would call a friend.

What are your interests?

• Hi, I hope your well. Yeh well I find social situations so difficult, I feel like running away when I’m in one, but I’m pushing myself so much, as I’m determined to find a way of coping better. My interests are fashion, make-up, dining out, travelling, cooking, walking and dancing. What are your interests? 

• Unfortunately not much in common with interests! Walking is the only one I enjoy out of those. I love comedy, learning languages, knitting/crochet, reading. My hobbies aren't very conducive to meeting people or sharing. 

It must be frustrating as your hobbies are actually very similar to most women I know but social anxiety can be so awful. I often wear headphones and listen to loud music when I'm waiting to collect my daughter as I can't face another banal conversation! It's nice when you find someone with a similar interest though. To me it feels like having a big filling meal, compared to small talk, which feels like someone throwing you the odd unsatisfying crumb...if that makes sense. 

• Unfortunately not much in common with interests! Walking is the only one I enjoy out of those. I love comedy, learning languages, knitting/crochet, reading. My hobbies aren't very conducive to meeting people or sharing. 

It must be frustrating as your hobbies are actually very similar to most women I know but social anxiety can be so awful. I often wear headphones and listen to loud music when I'm waiting to collect my daughter as I can't face another banal conversation! It's nice when you find someone with a similar interest though. To me it feels like having a big filling meal, compared to small talk, which feels like someone throwing you the odd unsatisfying crumb...if that makes sense. 

Children
No Data