Experience of declaring ASD in the workplace?

I'm considering returning to the workplace full time and would like to hear from people who have been hired since knowing that they have ASD or have declared ASD to their employer. Did you declare it during the interview process? How have any necessary adjustments in the workplace been received. Do you feel supported and accepted for your difference? I have been self-employed (leadership training) for 6 years after burning out - I can mask and 'pass' as NT but clearly it had a price for my health that I'm no longer willing to pay so I want to create a work situation that plays to my strengths yet allows some flex for ways of working so I can manage social interaction and sensory overload.  Maybe you've had less-than-great experiences too? All thoughts greatly appreciated.

Parents
  • My experience is less than great, I am going to tribunal in November after 18 months of hellish limbo land, hence the anxiety depression I will update you as this situation unfolds.

I have to say though Trainspotters experience does give hope so fingers crossed for all of us that are struggling.

• Sorry to hear that your experience has been so stressful Bookworm. It's useful to hear from those who have had success and those where it has been less than great - helps to inform how I might proceed. Hope that your tribunal goes well.

• Sorry to hear that your experience has been so stressful Bookworm. It's useful to hear from those who have had success and those where it has been less than great - helps to inform how I might proceed. Hope that your tribunal goes well.

Children
No Data