Employee Assistance


I am currently going through some issues at work and would love to be able to talk to someone to get some advice. Preferably someone who is in a position to offer advice on difficult working situations for employees who on the autistic spectrum.

Are there any professionals out there who may be able to offer me some advice?

  • Hey :) 

    All firms are bound by the Equality Act 2010, which prohibits discrimination based on disability. Each firm has different allowances and adjustments available for disabled employees, and different processes on how to access these. For instance, some firms have a specific disability line, others may incorporate it into their HR function. 

    What I'd do is try and look on the website/intranet to find information about disability/adjustment information within your firm. Otherwise, you can speak to HR about what the firm offers, as they can assist with the process etc. I know it can be scary, but it's the right thing to do, to ensure that you work in a productive and comfortable environmentx

    Drop me a PM if you'd like - would be happy to talk further!

    Much love <3

  • Hello Harry

    Please use the search box in the top right and enter "Company Policies" as several of us have been going through the same process over the years.

    As @RSxo states about the Equality Act 2010, there are other areas like Company Policies/Procedures, Procedures, focal points for Disability, Diversity, Inclusion, Occupational Health and Mental Health First Aiders who can help.

    Good luck and if you want to you can drop me a PM


  • Hi I am probably in a similar predicament to you id imagine. My experience of employer assistance has for well over a year been very poor, not only that they are an employer who should be at the forefront of' supporting employees with a disability. It is only now that I am getting any support, (I think the threat of a tribunal may have had something to do with it),

    Firstly are you in a union? If so get their support.

    Secondly Contact Access to work, you can google it its a government funded  scheme who could make suggestions for , 'reasonable adjustments', where applicable.

    Thirdly if its a big organisation they may have a equality lead.

    Hope this helps and good luck.