Holidays

I just wondered what the best sort of holidays people have had?

Parents
  • When I go on holiday, I like to go to somewhere there are lots of historical buildings/monuments/sites of interest that I can explore. My best ever holiday was in Egypt, I absolutely loved exploring the Valleys of the Kings and Queens; The Pyramid complex at Giza and various Temples. These days I tend to stick to UK holidays and am slowly working through the English Heritage catalogue of castles.

• When I go on holiday, I like to go to somewhere there are lots of historical buildings/monuments/sites of interest that I can explore. My best ever holiday was in Egypt, I absolutely loved exploring the Valleys of the Kings and Queens; The Pyramid complex at Giza and various Temples. These days I tend to stick to UK holidays and am slowly working through the English Heritage catalogue of castles.

Children
  • One thing to be careful of. Is that many historical places are closed on certain days or even over the winter months.

I missed out on Donegal castle, Totnes castle because I was there on the wrong day of the week.

The Hadrians wall bus service only ran April to October. 

The moral is check before you travel.