Smiling

I have, what may be considered, an unusual problem and I'm not sure if this is due to having Aspergers, or not. But I have great difficulty smiling, even with people I know well.

I can laugh, with people I know. But when it comes to smiling, I just freeze up. I have had professional help with this, but nothing seems to work. 

I was wondering, if anyone else has this issue, or is it just me. 

Any advice, much appreciated. 

Thanks. 

Parents
  • I have the same problem, I call my face, 'resting *** face', I have a permenant slapped *** expression I can laugh naturally but smiling yea its like my facial muscles are wired wrong, they say it takes less muscles to smile but I think it takes less to frown, its not even that Im unhappy or angry or feeling anything at all, the term they use is, 'blunt affect', quite common with people on the spectrum.

• I have the same problem, I call my face, 'resting *** face', I have a permenant slapped *** expression I can laugh naturally but smiling yea its like my facial muscles are wired wrong, they say it takes less muscles to smile but I think it takes less to frown, its not even that Im unhappy or angry or feeling anything at all, the term they use is, 'blunt affect', quite common with people on the spectrum.

Children
No Data