Smiling

I have, what may be considered, an unusual problem and I'm not sure if this is due to having Aspergers, or not. But I have great difficulty smiling, even with people I know well.

I can laugh, with people I know. But when it comes to smiling, I just freeze up. I have had professional help with this, but nothing seems to work. 

I was wondering, if anyone else has this issue, or is it just me. 

Any advice, much appreciated. 

Thanks. 

Parents
  • Slightly different but I thought I was smiling and turns out I wasent. I was in my 20s and someone said my face has no expression, I said that's rubbish. I then had someone say I never smile, I said not true. I practiced smiling at home in a mirror and they were right I didnt smile! 

So I practiced in the mirror and smiled more but sadly I smiled too much and attracted negative people, the kind who prey on you. I also smiled at inappropriate times!

Next was I was told I move my eyebrows alot but now I've started i cant stop. So I've gone from expressionless to too much, i cant win.

My latest thing (I'm now 37) is to try the hug thing if people are upset. That's awkward and didnt work out I just went in for a hug they stepped aside.

Another one this week was another upset person who was crying I tried talking to them to make them feel better and they walked off whilst I was talking. People are such hard work

I'm undiagnosed by the way as I'd have to go private in my area

• Slightly different but I thought I was smiling and turns out I wasent. I was in my 20s and someone said my face has no expression, I said that's rubbish. I then had someone say I never smile, I said not true. I practiced smiling at home in a mirror and they were right I didnt smile! 

So I practiced in the mirror and smiled more but sadly I smiled too much and attracted negative people, the kind who prey on you. I also smiled at inappropriate times!

Next was I was told I move my eyebrows alot but now I've started i cant stop. So I've gone from expressionless to too much, i cant win.

My latest thing (I'm now 37) is to try the hug thing if people are upset. That's awkward and didnt work out I just went in for a hug they stepped aside.

Another one this week was another upset person who was crying I tried talking to them to make them feel better and they walked off whilst I was talking. People are such hard work

I'm undiagnosed by the way as I'd have to go private in my area

Children
No Data