Disability discrimination

I’m having a lot of issues at work and facing dismissal.  This has gone to the most senior level of the organisation, and is what I believe to be a very clear case of closing ranks.  

Has anyone been in this position and what did you do?  I can’t afford a solicitor but am thinking of approaching the no win no fee ones.  My employer has not made reasonable adjustments and has turned a blind eye to blatant bullying comments made by other staff members.  

I have demonstrated I can do the job, and have it in writing (before I disclosed autism) that there are no issues with my ability to do the work.  That has since changed to concerns that I can’t do my job.  And that as a junior member of staff they can’t make reasonable adjustments because that means I would be unable to learn from other people. 

Parents
  • I have to sadly say a resounding unfortunate big fat yes... Mine has been going on for 14 months...Weary Still with no end in sight. I'm also good at my job but was moved to an unsuitable job following a disciplinary for something that can only be described as pathetic and should only have been a slap on the wrists after 16 years of doing the type of role I was in.

You are not alone, do you have access to a union? If so I suggest you contact them also the 'Equality Advisory Support Services', they have template letters you could use.

To be honest as others have said you may be better off getting out which is the route I am currently exploring, its just not worth the impact it has on you, its affected me in ways I never would have dreamed, my confidence my self esteem my physical and mental health...

You have done the right thing in opening a dialogue on here there are a lot of good people who have been where you/we are now some are still going through it, there's also a lot of sound advice. Good luck and try not to despair...

• I have to sadly say a resounding unfortunate big fat yes... Mine has been going on for 14 months...Weary Still with no end in sight. I'm also good at my job but was moved to an unsuitable job following a disciplinary for something that can only be described as pathetic and should only have been a slap on the wrists after 16 years of doing the type of role I was in.

You are not alone, do you have access to a union? If so I suggest you contact them also the 'Equality Advisory Support Services', they have template letters you could use.

To be honest as others have said you may be better off getting out which is the route I am currently exploring, its just not worth the impact it has on you, its affected me in ways I never would have dreamed, my confidence my self esteem my physical and mental health...

You have done the right thing in opening a dialogue on here there are a lot of good people who have been where you/we are now some are still going through it, there's also a lot of sound advice. Good luck and try not to despair...

Children
  • Thanks.  I have just had a look on that website and filled in an enquiry form briefly outlining what the problem is.  

Although I hate to think of other people going through this, it’s quite helpful to know other people have gone through, and going through, similar.  

I am in the union, and have been told they will not support me if this goes further.  Their reviews on google show this to be a common response from them... 

i hate bullying, and I hate people covering up lies and bullying.  So I will persevere with it.