Disability discrimination

I’m having a lot of issues at work and facing dismissal.  This has gone to the most senior level of the organisation, and is what I believe to be a very clear case of closing ranks.  

Has anyone been in this position and what did you do?  I can’t afford a solicitor but am thinking of approaching the no win no fee ones.  My employer has not made reasonable adjustments and has turned a blind eye to blatant bullying comments made by other staff members.  

I have demonstrated I can do the job, and have it in writing (before I disclosed autism) that there are no issues with my ability to do the work.  That has since changed to concerns that I can’t do my job.  And that as a junior member of staff they can’t make reasonable adjustments because that means I would be unable to learn from other people. 

Parents
  • Also check the company policies and procedures for Managing reasonable adjustments in the workplace, diversity, disability, mental health and if they are ignoring them then that is another grievance topic.

Learning from other people is rubbish IMHO, my damagement say I have done an online course so I am trained - I learn by doing.

Also make sure you have as much documented as possible - emails are a great way to keep records

• Also check the company policies and procedures for Managing reasonable adjustments in the workplace, diversity, disability, mental health and if they are ignoring them then that is another grievance topic.

Learning from other people is rubbish IMHO, my damagement say I have done an online course so I am trained - I learn by doing.

Also make sure you have as much documented as possible - emails are a great way to keep records

Children
  • They pride themselves on their positive attitude towards disability and will do all they can to keep people with disabilities employed with them.  They boast of their disability accreditation on their website and within their internal policies.  

The irony.