Both sides of the Bristol Channel

Anyone on this site living south of the Bristol Channel. Wales is also another possible area. I live on the other side of the World, but occasionally visit my old stomping grounds for a month or two at a time. I have almost zero support/acknowledgment where I live for my fairly recent diagnosis. I have yet to be in contact with any support groups in the named UK areas (where I previously lived) but I rather like the idea of perhaps meeting up with someone in those areas and perhaps attending a few support group activities together, or just engaging in some outdoor/countryside pursuits/voluntary activities - the next time I'm in the UK. I suppose you might call me the outdoor type; although rock climbing is definitely not on the list.

As the name says, I'm past retirement age, male, married. I intend to visit my home country in the next year or two, but that should leave loads of time for a few communications first. It's a small country, so it is quite possible that I know someone you know, as you will inevitably have some security concerns. Indeed, I would actually like to know how many of my former acquaintances have also received a diagnosis. Thinking back over the past, it is almost certain that I have known quite a few UK people on the spectrum in the past; people with whom I obviously had quite a lot in common. But after so many years abroad, I have few such contacts left. PMs or public replies welcome! :-)

Parents
  • Obviously at some point I would have to divulge my true identity, and also some means of checking my reputation. But I also feel it would be better to only meet up in a public place with lots of other people around. I should also add that not everyone in my family is aware of my diagnosis. There are some sound reasons for that. I would also travel alone to the UK, as my partner doesn't really like the country much, and is also very loathe to acknowledge that I might have a few issues that  need addressing. I would dearly like to communicate/meet up with someone in this manner in my current country of residence, but to keep a long story short that is not a practical scenario. But I have tried, several times. Catch 22.

• Obviously at some point I would have to divulge my true identity, and also some means of checking my reputation. But I also feel it would be better to only meet up in a public place with lots of other people around. I should also add that not everyone in my family is aware of my diagnosis. There are some sound reasons for that. I would also travel alone to the UK, as my partner doesn't really like the country much, and is also very loathe to acknowledge that I might have a few issues that  need addressing. I would dearly like to communicate/meet up with someone in this manner in my current country of residence, but to keep a long story short that is not a practical scenario. But I have tried, several times. Catch 22.

Children
No Data