Assessment at 50

Hi

I am 50 , I have just been referred for an assessment by my GP: has anyone elase had an assessment as an adult.

Parents
    • I am 60 and had my assessment in January of this year, I was fairly sure that I was autistic but it was only when I had it confirmed that the implications started to dawn upon me. The process continues to this day and I fully expect it to stay with me, I view this as a positive development and am excited at the prospect of solving more riddles about myself  I am also extremely grateful to my GP for taking me seriously and recognising the appropriateness of my assessment request.The same goes for my assessor who. I have to say is the Only person I have spoken to in my entire life who has ever really understood me and I found what she had written in her assessment very moving.  
    • The whole thing has been life-changing and it has given me a very real sense of optimism about my future because I am slowly unburdening myself of a significant amount of the guilt I feel about past failings.
    • Look forward to it, opportunities for real change in our lives are few and far between so give it everything you have got,  I hope your experience will be at least as good as mine, good luck!
    • I am 60 and had my assessment in January of this year, I was fairly sure that I was autistic but it was only when I had it confirmed that the implications started to dawn upon me. The process continues to this day and I fully expect it to stay with me, I view this as a positive development and am excited at the prospect of solving more riddles about myself  I am also extremely grateful to my GP for taking me seriously and recognising the appropriateness of my assessment request.The same goes for my assessor who. I have to say is the Only person I have spoken to in my entire life who has ever really understood me and I found what she had written in her assessment very moving.  
    • The whole thing has been life-changing and it has given me a very real sense of optimism about my future because I am slowly unburdening myself of a significant amount of the guilt I feel about past failings.
    • Look forward to it, opportunities for real change in our lives are few and far between so give it everything you have got,  I hope your experience will be at least as good as mine, good luck!
Children
No Data