A suggestion

I would politely suggest that all new users of this fine website should choose a username as soon as they start posting comments. A comment from someone called OcelotFan or Wasabi or whatever gets more interest and attention from me than any comment from NAS38486900, NAS1964632222 or even NAS694833752118.

• yes that should be easy to do, but I guess it wasn't the App they used to set up the website

• It should be an optional step in the sign-up process, with a link in an email in case you ant to do it later and/or change it...

• I suspect the problem is this website as it's not obvious how to get a user name. I can't remember how I found it;

There is a problem with the website as it is not obvious and often doesn't work. Here are my efforts to write "how to do it"

1. Click on My Account at top of the page

2.If the sign in page come up again ( as it may ) the sign in again

3. Click on white box in the Blue bar option "In This Section" (Just below National Autistic Soc logo)- to bring a drop down menu

4. Click on "Network Autism Profile"

5. Scroll down to My identity within Network Autism

6. At last you find an option for FULL NAME to be typed in! This is your user name, not your real name!

7.There are then loads of other sections to complete, followed by agree to terms, before the Update Profile comes 

8. Then you may get loads of error messages asking you for more information! Or it may just get stuck

9. It is very user unfriendly to put  a user name in!

The other 4 options in  "In This Section" all come up with a large picture option on the My Account page,but not the one for entering your user name. Well it didn't but does now.

Please can admin get this more user friendly to do?

It's not surprising many people do not write their own chosen user name! It took me quite a while to work this out

• Agree.

I would go further and make it a requirement.  Spammers invariably hide behind their number identity,  and besides that it makes it difficult to remember who people are.