What do you do when this happens?

Hi everybody,

Does anybody have any suggestions that could help me? Basically, I struggle to make appointments at the doctors and go to the doctors even though I am in pain or forgetting my medication. How do I make the first step? Just the thought of going to the doctors makes me anxious and it is not enough to know that I am in pain and others would not struggle the same as me, they would just go. I just feel that so many people get to the doctors, sometimes with less issues than mine, so what can I do?People tell me - just go. Doesn't work like that.Any thoughts?

Parents
  • Hi

My partner is the same he will not make an appointment or go to the doctor at all. 

I have to make his appointment and go with him or he won't go 

Do you have any one who could go with you to help? 

• My partner is the same

I feel glad that it is not just me. I have a partner who says he will take me but then gets engrossed in other things and doesn't and I am really rubbish at fronting the issue myself so I don't mention it again. The other problem is that in my younger years I never forgot things as I do now and sometimes I just forget that I have not been. It is lovely that you give this support. 

• My partner is the same

I feel glad that it is not just me. I have a partner who says he will take me but then gets engrossed in other things and doesn't and I am really rubbish at fronting the issue myself so I don't mention it again. The other problem is that in my younger years I never forgot things as I do now and sometimes I just forget that I have not been. It is lovely that you give this support. 

Children