What do you do when this happens?

Hi everybody,

Does anybody have any suggestions that could help me? Basically, I struggle to make appointments at the doctors and go to the doctors even though I am in pain or forgetting my medication. How do I make the first step? Just the thought of going to the doctors makes me anxious and it is not enough to know that I am in pain and others would not struggle the same as me, they would just go. I just feel that so many people get to the doctors, sometimes with less issues than mine, so what can I do?People tell me - just go. Doesn't work like that.Any thoughts?

Parents
  • Whch bit stops you?   Is it the talking to the GP or the worry about your condition or the actual organisation of the appointment?  Are you worrring about wasting their time?

I have health problems that fluctuate so I often need to map my health to decide if I'm having a blip or am I getting properly ill and need to see the gp.

• Whch bit stops you?   Is it the talking to the GP or the worry about your condition or the actual organisation of the appointment?  Are you worrring about wasting their time?

I have health problems that fluctuate so I often need to map my health to decide if I'm having a blip or am I getting properly ill and need to see the gp.

Children
  • I have health problems that fluctuate so I often need to map my health to decide if I'm having a blip or am I getting properly ill and need to see the gp.

Thank you - good question but I am not sure which bit. I think that it is the fact that I do not recognize how bad my health is until I am so poorly I do not manage to even think about doctors. I am fascinated by your comment about mapping your health because my health fluctuates too. How do you do this mapping?