Do you find any antidepressants are effective for depression symptoms for those with ASD?

Many reports state there is no good evidence that SSRIs and othe antidepressants are effective for those with ASD. Certinly I have tried about 30 and never found any that helped me. I wonder if anyone has found one that is helpful in depression ( when you have ASD)?

Parents
  • I too am on fluoxetine. It helps me hold myself together enough to have had a shortish spell of therapy for PTSD with a psychologist. Soon it will be up to me to put all we have done into practice without her support/input. Then I plan to stop the antidepressants. I’ve been on them a long long time. Amitripyline mostly. So it would be amazing to be in control of my life without drugs. That’s if it is possible. That’s my hope, but nothing in life is certain. Hope this helps you a little DaveA in some way. 

• I too am on fluoxetine. It helps me hold myself together enough to have had a shortish spell of therapy for PTSD with a psychologist. Soon it will be up to me to put all we have done into practice without her support/input. Then I plan to stop the antidepressants. I’ve been on them a long long time. Amitripyline mostly. So it would be amazing to be in control of my life without drugs. That’s if it is possible. That’s my hope, but nothing in life is certain. Hope this helps you a little DaveA in some way. 

Children
No Data