Anyone interested in motorbikes?

I'm fairly new here and newly diagnosed with ASD. Anyway, motorbikes are one of my interests, and, well, it might be a long shot,  I was wondering if anyone else here is into them too. I don't know anyone else IRL who shares this enthusiasm. It'd be nice to hear from anyone else who is interested.

Parents
  • I had it as a hobby for about 10 years recently. Rode a ZR-50 and TS-125 as a teenager, never took my test, then did a direct access test in 2008 and bought a GS500. From there through TDM-900 which took me through my advanced test in 2011, to a K1300s. I qualified as a national observer with the IAM on that, did a couple of short tours in France, then traded it in for a brand new CBR1000rr Fireblade in Autumn 2016, obsessed myself over the power curve and got annoyed that I couldn't access its full power legally on a road (I could do so legally for about 2 seconds on the K1300s!) and ran out of enthusiasm for biking 6 months later. I'm now driving a Mini Cooper!

For me, I loved learning the techniques, and the "flow" state of a good advanced ride. But to be honest I got bored after an hour or so.

• I had it as a hobby for about 10 years recently. Rode a ZR-50 and TS-125 as a teenager, never took my test, then did a direct access test in 2008 and bought a GS500. From there through TDM-900 which took me through my advanced test in 2011, to a K1300s. I qualified as a national observer with the IAM on that, did a couple of short tours in France, then traded it in for a brand new CBR1000rr Fireblade in Autumn 2016, obsessed myself over the power curve and got annoyed that I couldn't access its full power legally on a road (I could do so legally for about 2 seconds on the K1300s!) and ran out of enthusiasm for biking 6 months later. I'm now driving a Mini Cooper!

For me, I loved learning the techniques, and the "flow" state of a good advanced ride. But to be honest I got bored after an hour or so.

Children
  • Hello. That's interesting. (What does an 'observer with the IAM' mean(sorry))? Why is it you think you got bored, after an hour? Envious that you got hold of a brand new Fireblade, but yes, I can see your point about getting bored, once you've mastered all there is to learn, and tried a load of different bikes out, like you did.