Anyone interested in motorbikes?

I'm fairly new here and newly diagnosed with ASD. Anyway, motorbikes are one of my interests, and, well, it might be a long shot,  I was wondering if anyone else here is into them too. I don't know anyone else IRL who shares this enthusiasm. It'd be nice to hear from anyone else who is interested.

Parents
  • I'm not a biker but I got into bikes by working 20 years with a bunch of bikers - I was the only one not on 2 wheels.   They brought in all the magazines so I assimilated all the data - everything from Rudge-Whitworths to Fireblades, Goldwings to BSA GoldStars.

Do you have a bike?

• nice, what sort of place did you work, with all those bikers around?  I'm not a biker either, as it's an expensive hobby, and I can't afford it, but wish I could.  I do love a good Fireblade. What types of bikes/aspects of bikes are you into?

• It was high-tech engineering.   I'm of the age where I should have ticked a box on my driving licence application all those years ago and I'd have had a full bike licence too - now I'd have to spend a load of cash on a Direct Access training & test.

Unfortunately, every one of the bikers I worked with was carrying an old biking injury so it sort of put me off.

If I was going to have a bike, I'd probably go for a Kawasaki VN1500 Drifter (the Indian Chief lookey-likey with relaible Jap mechanics).  It has big street-presence so you can justify your position on the road rather than being squeezed into the weeds by the BMW-idiots & trucks.

• Ah burning 2 stroke oil, the smell of my mis-spent youth :-) My first bike after I passed my test was a 250LC with a Stan Stephens tune. Went like a rocket and one of the few bikes I've owned over the years that I regret having parted with!

• Ouch!  Crazy 2-strokers used to be really fashionable back then - if you could stay on them....

Reply Children
  • Ah burning 2 stroke oil, the smell of my mis-spent youth :-) My first bike after I passed my test was a 250LC with a Stan Stephens tune. Went like a rocket and one of the few bikes I've owned over the years that I regret having parted with!