Anyone interested in motorbikes?

I'm fairly new here and newly diagnosed with ASD. Anyway, motorbikes are one of my interests, and, well, it might be a long shot,  I was wondering if anyone else here is into them too. I don't know anyone else IRL who shares this enthusiasm. It'd be nice to hear from anyone else who is interested.

Parents
  • Hi and welcome :-) There are quite a few of us bikers on here, as I discovered when I mentioned my bike when replying to a post a while back.

I am a biker, and female too. Got my bike license when I was 18 - 30 years ago now - and have been riding them ever since. I have never been into sports bikes really, more old classics and Harleys. 

You are right, bikers are lovely people and very non-judgemental. It's a very inclusive "society", where people are just left to be who they are. I have met quite a few fellow aspies in the biking world. As for anxiety stopping us from riding, not for me anyway! I am probably at my most relaxed when I am on my bike, just me and the machine, at one. No need to make conversation, think about how to act, just ride and enjoy. It is the ultimate freedom and I would recommend it to anyone :-)

• Hi and welcome :-) There are quite a few of us bikers on here, as I discovered when I mentioned my bike when replying to a post a while back.

I am a biker, and female too. Got my bike license when I was 18 - 30 years ago now - and have been riding them ever since. I have never been into sports bikes really, more old classics and Harleys. 

You are right, bikers are lovely people and very non-judgemental. It's a very inclusive "society", where people are just left to be who they are. I have met quite a few fellow aspies in the biking world. As for anxiety stopping us from riding, not for me anyway! I am probably at my most relaxed when I am on my bike, just me and the machine, at one. No need to make conversation, think about how to act, just ride and enjoy. It is the ultimate freedom and I would recommend it to anyone :-)

Children