Worst work meeting ever

I am totally devastated. I had a meeting planned today with my head teacher about how they could make reasonable adjustments for me at work. When I turned up it was the head and the deputy. I felt totally ganged up upon and it was as if they had planned before hand not to offer any help. They basically said that I am one of sixty staff all with their own needs and I am paid to be a teacher so I just need to get on with it. 

The head kept grilling me with questions even when I had gone silent and started to cry. 

I came out, drove home and had a complete meltdown. I eel awful and as if I am a great big inconvenience to the school. 

It was just the worst.

Parents
  • I have a somewhat similar situation in that I’m being told by line manager that ‘that’s just the job!’. Because I’m in a large organisation though I was able to contact HR and get a referral to Ocupational health (in a few weeks). Is there anything similar you can do as it does definitely sound as though you’re being discriminated against. For you maybe that would be via your union? I’d def try to sort it out without going to tribunal if you can, but if nothing else works that’s def an option. NAS helpline was very helpful on this actually (if you can get through)

Good luck. 

• I have a somewhat similar situation in that I’m being told by line manager that ‘that’s just the job!’. Because I’m in a large organisation though I was able to contact HR and get a referral to Ocupational health (in a few weeks). Is there anything similar you can do as it does definitely sound as though you’re being discriminated against. For you maybe that would be via your union? I’d def try to sort it out without going to tribunal if you can, but if nothing else works that’s def an option. NAS helpline was very helpful on this actually (if you can get through)

Good luck. 

Children
No Data