Bored of food

I have such a narrow range of things that I eat I am so bored of food. I need ideas of how I can make new combinations of what I eat. 

I normally do roasts, spaghetti Bolognese, quiche, pie 

I like stew but I got a slow cooker for Christmas and cooked a disastrous one.

I don't like anything too spicy. I eat v mild curry. If I have Chinese I always order the same.

I don't like the taste of alcohol.

I eat:

Broccoli, carrot , green beans, as long as they are cooked within an inch of their lives

Peppers, courgette,  onion if cooked til not crunchy

Potatoes

Meat as long as it doesn't look like it comes from an animal

Cheese

Eggs 

Pasta

Cereal

I like fresh bread but I don't like sandwiches unless they are toasted

Parents
  • Hi, one of my special interests is diet & nutrition. Your diet is not that restrictive and can provide all the nutrients you need, but it's a shame you don't enjoy it much. Perhaps if you try different recipes you will start to like food more.

My immediate thought though was, what do you mean by meat that doesn't look like it came from an animal? Do you mean boneless joints and fillets? Do you eat burgers, sausages, bacon or ham? Also, do you like different types of potato (chips, wedges, new potatoes, etc) If so, I have the following suggestions:

Toasted bacon or ham sandwiches with Cheesy baked courgettes 

Cheese & red pepper omelette with potato wedges

100% beef burgers with chunky chips & broccoli in cheese sauce

Hunters chicken with baked onions, peppers & courgettes, and boiled new potatoes

Lasagne & baked potato with Cheese 

Pasta carbonara with green beans

Sausages, carrots & mash with onion gravy

Hope something there inspires you - bon appetite!

• Thank you. Will try some of those. 

Yes - No bones!

I like that they don't require much cooking either!

• I can't deal with recipes that have too many ingredients or too much preparation - it can feel a bit overwhelming! I enjoy food, but simple meals with good fresh ingredients can still be tasty. 

Reply Children
  • same!  I can't follow a recipe at all, or directions.  After hearing the first step or two I'm lost.  My meals are things like cereal, a plain baked potato, a plate of chips, plain pasta, beans on toast.  That's pretty much it.  So no recipe or real cooking required.