Bored of food

I have such a narrow range of things that I eat I am so bored of food. I need ideas of how I can make new combinations of what I eat. 

I normally do roasts, spaghetti Bolognese, quiche, pie 

I like stew but I got a slow cooker for Christmas and cooked a disastrous one.

I don't like anything too spicy. I eat v mild curry. If I have Chinese I always order the same.

I don't like the taste of alcohol.

I eat:

Broccoli, carrot , green beans, as long as they are cooked within an inch of their lives

Peppers, courgette,  onion if cooked til not crunchy

Potatoes

Meat as long as it doesn't look like it comes from an animal

Cheese

Eggs 

Pasta

Cereal

I like fresh bread but I don't like sandwiches unless they are toasted

Parents Reply Children
  • There are more enjoyments in life than food.  I can't stand all those programmes on telly messing about with food, the sight of it makes me retch.  But if others enjoy it then it is up to me.

Just eat what you like, taking supplements if necessary.  Just make sure you are getting a lot of fibre, I regularly have Shredded Wheat for tea, and it seems to make me feel a lot better if I have a cold.  Protein is in every food to some extent (bread has quite a lot of protein, and then there are eggs and milk).

As well as the flavour it is the texture of a lot of food I don't like, and the smiell, but sometimes mixing up things gives a pleasant surprise - cheese and strawberries (or strawberry jam) and chips and ice cream go surprisingly well together.  Don't mock it till you try it!