Can autistic adults lie convincingly?

I decided to delete the content. Thanks for the comments.

Parents
  • I do not lie.  

I'm an engineer and my whole life is based around facts and accuracy. 

My instant recall of data would be a problem if I've sprinkled lies around in the past because I would be very likely to tell the truth to the same person the next time the subject came up.

I'd always shoot myself in the foot.

I'd much prefer to be seen as a transparent fool than a lying ****bag.

When I deal with people and I detect lies, I don't want to interact with them because I can't trust a thing they say.  I will then avoid them in the future.

• You got a point there. When I detect lies, I better not interact with them. What's the point when you can't even trust a thing they say. 

Reply Children
  • I can take it a step further - I don't do secrets either. 

I'm closer to Mr Data than most people realise.

I prefer people not to tell me a secret as I cannot guarantee its security. 

All data in my head is data.  It's like a huge array of facts & figures.   Having to annotate all my knowledge with an additional layer or little tags of who that data is available to is not sensible. Especially if I judge that different people would probably need access to that data.

It would cause conflict within the database when half of some facts are available to a person but other bits aren't - it's an extra layer of social interaction processing that I just don't have the bandwidth for.

For example, I had a manager tell me off for telling a superior manager what I was doing when he asked me.  The other manager was stretching his authority and using me gather data for something he wasn't supposed to be doing. 

That gives me a serious conflict - who is in the wrong?   Me?  The manager?  

This is in a company that claims to be 'open management' and 'doors are always open'.  BS.  It's all politics and one-upmanship. 

Leave me out of your petty little games.