Can autistic adults lie convincingly?

I decided to delete the content. Thanks for the comments.

Parents
  • I can tell small white lies, but I cannot lie convincingly.  So if a manager asks me if I can work an extra hour this evening, I simply have to say 'No, sorry' and not offer an explanation as to why.  But if someone should text or email me to ask if I'm available for a meet up and I don't want to go, I'll make an excuse.

There's a difference, though, between small matters like this - or simply elaborating a story - and telling an outright whopping lie.  So if I made a mistake and it caused a problem, I certainly couldn't wheedle my way out of it by, for instance, trying to blame someone else.  I'd have to own up.

I'm not good at picking up on body language, but I can usually tell if someone is telling me a lie.  And I know that I'd never get away with it.

And, quite 'honestly' (!), I simply don't like lying, or liars.  Again, I don't mean small matters.  I mean people who lie deliberately to cover their tracks, or blame someone else, or to gain something that isn't rightfully theirs.

• I can tell small white lies, but I cannot lie convincingly.  So if a manager asks me if I can work an extra hour this evening, I simply have to say 'No, sorry' and not offer an explanation as to why.  But if someone should text or email me to ask if I'm available for a meet up and I don't want to go, I'll make an excuse.

There's a difference, though, between small matters like this - or simply elaborating a story - and telling an outright whopping lie.  So if I made a mistake and it caused a problem, I certainly couldn't wheedle my way out of it by, for instance, trying to blame someone else.  I'd have to own up.

I'm not good at picking up on body language, but I can usually tell if someone is telling me a lie.  And I know that I'd never get away with it.

And, quite 'honestly' (!), I simply don't like lying, or liars.  Again, I don't mean small matters.  I mean people who lie deliberately to cover their tracks, or blame someone else, or to gain something that isn't rightfully theirs.

Children
No Data