flying !!

hi not  sure if im in right place ! My son, who 7, has ASD . He has sensertive hearing. He get very upset and frightened when unexpected noises happen ie fire alarms , buzzers. He refuses to use public transport buses and and very nervouse when even walking down a road and refuses to enter certain building ( shops ) incase a alarm goes off.

We have been asked to go to disneyland  florida next year with the rest of the family. My daughter really wants to go. Can Anyone suggest any way to help my son  with flying. I can't see him actually getting on the plane let alone fly! Does anyone know if there are any where that i could try my son on a  plane that doesnt fly?? so he can familurise himself  or any other suggestiions welcome.

Ever since my husbands parents asked us i;v been worrying about the whole thing. For me I'd rather not go because I wont enjoy the whole holiday as its seams  way out of his comfort zone but then its not fair for our daughter.

Parents
  • Good adice there. Soft earplugs are essential and favourite music on headhones while boarding can make it less stressful. I get myself lost in something on the Ipad while on planes.

Detest Planes, but its do able if you plan and allow recovery time.

• Good adice there. Soft earplugs are essential and favourite music on headhones while boarding can make it less stressful. I get myself lost in something on the Ipad while on planes.

Detest Planes, but its do able if you plan and allow recovery time.

Children
No Data