Diagnosis - what to expect

Hi.

I have thought that there is a good chance that I have autism for a long time.  I went to my GP, she said she couldnt do anything, so when I was at a neurologist appointment to discuss a physical ailment recently, I brought it up with him and he is arranging some brain function assessments to see whether I have some form of the condition.

My question is, what is the testing process for an adult?  By that I mean, what kind of questions do they ask, or what kind of things do they ask you to do?  I know nothing about the process and I would be very interested in any information anyone could provide me with.  If this is an inappropriate question, please feel free to delete it and I apologise in advance.

Cheers

Peter J. Kenvin

Parents
  • Thank you all very much for your help.  I will have a look at the link that bagpuss 7 provided me with and see what I can find out.  My hope is that the NHS get back to me soon.

I will let you know how things progress.  Thank you again.

feenix

• Thank you all very much for your help.  I will have a look at the link that bagpuss 7 provided me with and see what I can find out.  My hope is that the NHS get back to me soon.

I will let you know how things progress.  Thank you again.

feenix

Children
No Data