Smells that give you a headache

Anyone else get this? Is it more prevalent in ASD than non-ASD?

I have a particular problem with those plug-in room scent things that have three alternating smells, and some of the oil-based things that are glass jars with wooden diffuser sticks. One of the smells smells very "volatile" to me, a bit like vick / ethanol / acetone (how do you describe an un-natural smell in words???) and it gives me an almost instant headache behind the eyes / nose.

As an aside, I find that discarded orange-peel quickly stops smelling of oranges and within minutes starts to smell like a full & stale cigarette ashtray? Weird!

Parents
  • flowers, esp lilies, perfumes, deodorants (me too elly on the annoying children spraying - when it happens I have to teach from the corridor as I can't enter the room...

I have allergies as well as in sneezing. itching etc, as well as headaches/sinus troubles so double whammy really

• Lilies are just the worst. I have to ask people to move them out of the room if I see them. I get a headache within minutes. I also have the same problem with students spraying their smellies in the classroom. Lots of strong perfumes get me too.

• Lilies are just the worst. I have to ask people to move them out of the room if I see them. I get a headache within minutes. I also have the same problem with students spraying their smellies in the classroom. Lots of strong perfumes get me too.

Children
No Data