Sources of start-up funding for small business run by ASD person

Hi,

Does anyone have advice on sources of start-up funding to set up a small business? I'm wondering if these is any funding available specifically for autistic/disabled entrepreneurs.

Richard

Parents Reply
  • Here's an encouraging recent success story.  This woman started up her floristry business after being made redundant.  She retrieves 'past sell-by' bouquets from supermarkets, then reproduces them for residential homes, mental health groups and other charitable organisations.  She got her £70,000 start-up money from crowdfunding.

The Flower Bank

Children
  • I was once sub-contracted to an IT recruitment business that started up solely with £150k raised from crowdfunding.  Most of the investors were already quite well off IT professionals who stood to benefit from the contracts that the business could offer them once it was up and running - most of which came from companies like Microsoft and IBM.  They couldn't lose!  They were investing in their own future job offers!

Here's a news story about Ursula Stone's start-up...

Enterprise Flourishes on Blooms from Bin

• Wow! What an amazing business. I've been involved in crowdfunder projects before, but these were for music recordings where the people who donated got a copy of the CD or better - something tangible. Hadn't thought of crowdfunding for business start-up funds. Thx for the link. This has really got me thinking.